Pages

Friday, October 30, 2015

Ghost Meringue Cookies

My one and only Halloween treat I made this year
It's delicious and sweet, but I guess I piped too much I had big fat ghosts and it took forever to bake, it's like more than 2 hours and I still got quite sticky cookies after it's cooled (I forgot that I should have transferred them straight to an airtight container)
I transferred them into the refrigerator and it did help, the stickiness was gone
Shape wise, still need more improvement, my ghosts are all cute and chubby haha...

I like these two smiley ghosts the most LOL
 

 
 
 
What you need:
 
60g egg whites
40g icing sugar, sifted
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp corn flour
some chocolate chips
 
Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 100degC. Line baking sheet
  2. In a clean mixing bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar til foamy
  3. Add in sugar gradually and beat til soft peak
  4. Add in vanilla extract and corn flour and continue beating til very stiff peak
  5. Scoop in the batter into piping bag, snip the tip of the bag or you may use round piping tip
  6. Pipe to form a ghost shape and add in two chocolate chips on each cookie for the eyes
  7. Bake for 90mins or til the cookies are dry and crisp to the touch, easy to separate from the baking paper (the timing is subject to the size of the cookies)
  8. Once done with the baking, immediately transfer them into an airtight container, otherwise they can turn sticky and gooey
 
 
 
HAPPY HALLOWEEN! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my God. It's perfect for halloween. Too bad we've passed the day

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...