Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Braised Seabass & Other Food I Cooked 4 Chinese New Year

I know Chinese New Year was just over, I just want to share what I have been cooking during the festive season this year :)

This year, there was only 1 new dish I cooked for Chinese New Year
The rest were dishes I did last year, simply because I was craving to eat them again :)

Here is the new dish, braised seabass
Recipe is from Peng's Kitchen, she used red snapper instead


This is a must try dish, really delicious!
 


What you need:

1 whole seabass (or red snapper)
3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
50g spring onion, finely sliced
6 large dried shitake mushrooms, soaked til soft and sliced (original recipe only used 3, but I love mushrooms so I added LOL)
300ml water
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp ikan bilis stock powder
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp light soya sauce
1 tsp dark soya sauce
1 tbsp shallot oil
dash of pepper
red chilli and spring onion for garnish (I skipped)

Method:
  1. Rinse fish and pat dry. Heat some oil in wok, add in fish and pan-fry for 5mins til light brown. Flip over and fry another 5mins. Drain and set aside
  2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in the same wok. Add in garlic, spring onion and mushrooms and stir quickly for 30secs. Stir in remaining ingredients and slide in fish. Cover wok and bring to boil. Cook over medium heat til sauce reduced by half. Dish up and serve immediately


 
 
Other dishes I did were Cantonese Pan Fried Prawns I also cooked last year, and a simple fried noodle dish with eggs, pork balls and fish cake slices
Recipe for the prawn dish can be viewed HERE
 

 
 
The fried noodles is just a simple one
I made scrambled eggs and set aside. Also I prepared egg noodles as per instruction in the packaging, after draining I mixed in fish sauce and a little canola and sesame oil to the noodles.
Then I sautéed minced garlic, add in sliced fish cakes and pork balls, stir in soya sauce, oyster sauce, salt and pepper then mix everything well
Add in noodles, followed by the scrambled eggs, toss and serve immediately
 
 
 
 


The last dish I cooked also this year was the Fish Maw with Mushroom Stew. This year I added some enoki mushrooms
Too bad I didn't take any pic of the dish this year
Anyway you may view the recipe for the delicious dish HERE


Picture taken last year:
 


So, there you are, all of my cooking aside from the usual steamboat I always have for the eve of Chinese New Year. You should try too, all are really yummy :)

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...