Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

THB #38 Chocolate Angel Cake

When a cake name starts with the word "Chocolate", I don't really bother to read the rest of the name. I am already convinced that I have to give it a try. Sometimes it can be as soon as the next day, sometimes can wait for pretty long since my chocolate to do list is the longest among all LOL

So, need to say no more, I immediately baked this cake, especially knowing this has a deadline :)
This is the 38th bake for The Home Bakers, a baking event initiated by Joyce from Kitchen Flavours

Angel cake, a typically soft and fluffy cake tend to have dry texture using only egg whites. Like many others, I do not really fancy dry cake, but this recipe is different. The texture of this cake is moist, chocolaty and at the same time is soft and fluffy. I really enjoyed eating this cake, so was my family :)


 
 
Ah, look at the holes. I did tapped the pan before putting it into the oven, yet I still saw many holes



Recipe was chosen by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids - great choice! :)
I made full recipe, used 420g of egg whites (I calculated 30g egg white for an egg), Valrhona cocoa powder
Unlike others who reduced the quantity of sugar, I didn't, but I used all brown sugar, and I found the sweetness was just right to my liking, not too sweet
Used ungreased 25cm chiffon tin and baked for 40minutes




My bake for The Home Bakers - bake no. 38
 
 
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (August 2014 Event: Flour) - organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Diana from Domestic Goddess Wannabe
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Alice,

    This is my first time baking an Angel cake and I'm surprised that it is very good.

    Love the intense chococlaty flavours with light bouncy texture... like yours too!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure which cake I like more. Think, Think, Think. I really love the little chocolate dots in this cake!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alice,
    I really like this cake too and was surprised that it is quite moist with delicious chocolaty taste!
    Your cake looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Joyce, thks
      yes, I myself was surprised with the result :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...