Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Cooking For CNY With SCS Butter: Crispy Prawns With Salted Egg Yolk Sauce

Happy New Year! We're still in festive season now :)

I had to drag my feet and kicked my butt to sit in front of computer and opened my blog
OMG! Chinese New Year has taken away my blogging mood!
Holiday and feast have won me over this time. It's been close to two weeks I have not posted anything in this blog!
Okay, we're now in the last three days of Chinese New Year. Still have time to post my cooking LOL

SCS - the well known butter we all know, has been kind to share some recipes for Chinese New Year
So here is one I have tried. Yummy dish! :)




What you need:

8 large prawns, shelled and deveined
1 tsp shaoxing wine
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 egg, beaten
potato starch for dusting
oil for deep frying
iceberg lettuce, shredded (I used local lettuce)

Sauce:
2 tbsp SCS unsalted butter
8 curry leaves (and more for garnish)
4 cooked salted egg yolks, minced
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp five spice powder
1/2 red bird's eye chilli, finely sliced for garnish (I used large chilli)

Method:
  1. Marinate prawns with wine and salt. Add in beaten egg, and dust each prawn with potato starch. Deep fry in hot oil for 1-2 minute til golden brown. Drain on kitchen towel and set aside
  2. For the sauce: melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat and sautee curry leaves. Add in salted egg yolk into butter sauce, season with salt and five spice powder, chilli and prawns into the pan. Toss til prawns well coated. Serve over shredded lettuce

This is so perfect to be served with a bowl of hot fluffy rice! :)
 


Thank you SCS for sharing such a yummy dish!
Apology for posting this so late. I hope this still can be kept for an inspiration for next year's Chinese New Year :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...