Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

AFF Hong Kong/Macau - Macanese Minchi

Saw this dish at Peng's Kitchen and I knew my family and I would enjoy it
Yes, they did! So delicious when mixed all the ingredients to eat




Recipe adapted from Sonia from Nasi Lemak Lover

What you need:
(I made half recipe below)

100g ground beef
200g ground pork
(original recipe calls for more beef but we do not fancy beef hence the changes in the amount)
2 medium potatoes, cut small cubes
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
1 garlic, chopped
1 bay leaf
1 tbsp light soya sauce
1 tbsp dark soya sauce
1/4 tbsp worchestershire sauce
1/4 tsp cumin powder (I didn't use)
a dash of black pepper
1/4 tsp sugar
salt

Method:
  1. Deep fry potatoes til golden brown, set aside
  2. Use 3 tbsp of the oil to sautee garlic and onion til fragrant and soft
  3. Add in bay leaf, both meat and stir fry and break the meat, fry on medium high heat til meat turned color
  4. Add in light and dark soya sauce, stir
  5. Lower heat, cover for a few minutes (I did for about 5 minutes), check to make sure it doesn't burn
  6. Add in Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, cumin powder (if used), salt, sugar and lastly, fried potato cubes. Stir well
  7. Serve with rice, vegetable (I used French beans, blanched and sprinkled with garlic salt) and fried egg

Note:
As my family and I do not fancy beef, we still can smell the beef. In the future I will still prefer to use only ground pork




I am submitting this post to Asian Food Fest (Hong Kong/Macau) hosted by Annie from Annielicious Food


2 comments:

  1. Hi Alice! I want to make this for the AFF too, hopefully can make them this week, otherwise no time already, haha! Yours look so delicious with rice!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...